Zurich / Switzerland, 2 December 2014
At the Annual General Meeting of ARYZTA AG, held this morning in Zurich, shareholders approved all proposals of the Board of Directors.
- the Annual Report and Accounts for the financial year 2014
- the 2014 Compensation Report (advisory vote in line with the Swiss Code of Best Practice for Corporate Governance)
- dividend of CHF 0.7646 per registered share
- proposal to amend the Articles of Association to take account of changes in company law (plus some editorial changes)
- the re-election of Mr. Denis Lucey as member and election as Chairman of the Board of Directors together with the re-election of the following Board members: Mr. Charles Adair, Mr. J. Brian Davy, Mr. Shaun B. Higgins, Mr. Owen Killian, Mr. Patrick McEniff, Mr. Andrew Morgan, Mr. Wolfgang Werl̩ and Mr. John Yamin
- the election of Ms. Annette Flynn as member of the Board of Directors term of one year
- the election of Mr. J. Brian Davy, Mr. Charles Adair and Mr. Denis Lucey as members of the Nomination & Remuneration Committee.
Discharge was duly granted to the members of the Board of Directors and Executive Management for the 2014 business year. Shareholders also approved the election of PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Zurich as auditors for the 2015 business year and the election of Mrs. Ines Poeschel, Kellerhals Attorneys at Law, Zurich as independent proxy until the end of the 2015 Annual General Meeting
The Board and its Committees now comprise:
Board of Directors:
Denis Lucey (Chairman), Charles (Chuck) Adair, J Brian Davy, Shaun Higgins, Annette Flynn, Owen Killian (CEO), Patrick McEniff (CFO/COO), Andrew Morgan, Wolfgang Werl̩, John Yamin (CEO of the Americas).
Shaun Higgins (Chairman), Annette Flynn, Andrew Morgan, Wolfgang Werl̩,
Nomination & Remuneration Committee:
J Brian Davy (Chairman), Charles Adair, Denis Lucey.
ARYZTA AG (‘ARYZTA’) is a global food business with a leadership position in speciality bakery. ARYZTA is based in Zurich, Switzerland, with operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. ARYZTA has a primary listing on the SIX Swiss Exchange and a secondary listing on the ISE Irish Exchange (SIX: ARYN, ISE: YZA).
ARYZTA is the majority shareholder (68.1%) in Origin Enterprises plc, which has a listing on the AIM in London and the ESM in Dublin (AIM: OGN, ESM: OIZ).
Tel: +41 (0) 44 583 42 00